If you shop on Amazon, you can support OYR simply by clicking this link (bookmark it too) before shopping: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=oneya-20
These are the factors to consider when choosing a location for a vegetable garden:
1) Look for a location that gets 6 to 8 hours of direct sun.
2) Avoid locations where soil is likely contaminated, especially if growing in native soil. If in doubt, have the soil tested for contaminants. It’s also a good idea to test the soil fro nutrients, organic matter, and pH. This can save a lot of time, money, and guesswork in the future.
3) Locate the garden close to the house and a water source.
4) A south facing slope is advantageous in cooler climates with a short growing season.
5) Look for a location that is protected from extreme winds and pests by fences, trees, or buildings.
6) Make sure you are aware of any limitations on vegetable gardens imposed by your municipality or homeowner association.
Growing Food in Partial Shade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNsECuNTSQY
How to Build a Raised Bed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VptBIJ_Y-o
OYR is all about growing a lot of food on a little land using sustainable organic methods, while keeping costs and labor at a minimum. Emphasis is placed on improving soil quality with compost, mulch, and compost tea. No store-bought fertilizers, soil amendments, pesticides, compost activators, etc. are used.